Holy macaroni! Christmas is just around the corner! Are you looking for that truly original gift for that someone special this holiday season?
Within the Ottawa, Ontario area there are a few gems – stores full of treasures you can stumble upon. However why spend the time driving around in search of these places when you can just grab my quick list below and hit them up a.s.a.p?
I generally prefer to go places that I know have a wide range of things to choose from. I have spent some time tracking down some of the best shops for antique and vintage items in the Ottawa, Ontario Canada area. I have also added a few unknowns (places that I would like to check out but have not paid a visit to yet) to the list just for a little bit of fun.
Where to buy vintage and antiques in the days up to (or after) Christmas:
1. Familiar – Antiques Etcetera (Arnprior, Ontario): This place is really charming and rather large. It has two storeys and holds quite a mishmash of discoveries. Best known for: Lighting, China and Art
2. Familiar – Ottawa Antique Market (Central Ottawa, Ontario): You will not leave this store empty handed! It truly has an astonishing selection. It is a bit of a maze of masterpieces. Best known for: Collectible furnishings big & small, Jewellery and Knick Knacks
3. Unknown- The Lachapelle Furniture Refinishing and Antique Store (Ashton,Ontario): I have seen this place in the distance many times from the highway but never stopped in. These folks sell their items in Almonte, Ontario and I have seen their stuff there. They have quite interesting items for sale a reasonable price points. Best known for: Fine wood furniture (larger pieces for sure)
4. Familiar – Almonte Antique Market (Almonte, Ontario): This place seems to keep going, going and going. So many things to see! Don’t come to this place if you a in a rush -it definitely has staying potential. Best known for: Collectibles and neat one of a kind pieces
5. Unknown- Antique Hoarders (West Ottawa, Ontario): I have heard through the grapevine that this place is cool. I shall check it out for myself sometime in the nearer future. Best known for: Variety and plenty of vendors
6. Familiar – The Clothes Secret (Central Ottawa, Ontario): This clothing store has got some major fashion finds and really good prices. From what I recall it is only a women’s boutique. You have to dig a little but it is well worth it. Best known for: Eclectic purses and a vast assortment of dresses long & short.
7. Familiar – Conversation Pieces (Ottawa, Ontario): I have not been in store however have seen these conversation pieces at many Ottawa antique shows. They have really unique items. Best known for: Estate sale type items including rugs, special/rare pieces of furniture and decorative pieces.
My list is just shy of 10 spots but I promise you that your vehicle or shopping bag will be full of goodies.
Happy gift giving friends! For more on second hand shopping and gift ideas visit my recent posts Thoughtful Christmas Gift Ideas for him & her, Second Hand Clothing Shop (in Store) Like a Pro and Second-hand Gift Giving: Is It Okay to Give a Used Gift?
Quote by BrainyQuote: (Source)